In the past couple of years, the importance of children entertainers has really been on the rise. Not only are they called in for children’s parties, but they are invited in functions in which children are expected to attend. But the problem normally comes in choosing a top entertainer for kids. In Brisbane alone, there are quite a number of them. But just how do you pick the cream of the crop? When looking for top childrens entertainer Brisbane individuals should pay close attention to the following tips.
1). Insist on local companies or individuals
If you have found an entertainer on the web, find out from them where they are based. Should they be located far away from you, you should avoid them even if they offer to help. This is because they are likely to subcontract a company to do the job and not themselves. This type of third-party agreement should be avoided at all costs. It is indeed cheaper to find a local company and also, you can get to meet them in advance as you strategise for the party.
• You can find a top local entertainer for kids in Brisbane by word of mouth. Talk to other parents, teachers and carers as they can recommend to you some really good entertainers.
2). Get a quote from several entertainers
Entertainers charge different rates for their services. This is why you should call out at least three entertainers and find out what they are charging. But this does not mean that you should use the price as the only determining factor in choosing a Brisbane entertainer. Other than price, consider also the following:
• How a company present its activities and whether it makes it appear professional. Look at their advertising material like pamphlets and websites.
• Look at the range of services as well
• Consider also if the entertainer offers more than 1 person when performing.
3). Get the confirmation in writing
After agreeing on the date, cost and duration, it is important to have a written record on them. This can be in form of an email or a written confirmation from your entertainer. When it comes to payment, desist from revealing your credit card details to companies that you have only met online. Consider using Paypal and other online payments to pay down payments.
If it is a local firm, you can either go in person and make the deposit or even send them a check.
4). Ready the entertaining space.
There are times when an entertainer would want to come much earlier and set up tricks and props among other things. If this is the case, make sure they let you know of it. This helps you to make prior arrangements so that the entire party preparations are not interfered with. If there is anything that you will be required to supply, find out in advance.
• Know beforehand if any specific height, space or safety requirements will be needed for activities like room juggling and no cords trips among other activities.
• Consult with the entertainer about the seating arrangement that would be best for the kids.
5). Ensure that you have checked the basics before the entertainer proceeds with the show
The following are the checks that you need to perform.
• Check their identity. This can be done by checking their driver’s license and also business license. You need to ensure that whoever comes in is the person you had agreed with and not strangers.
• Also important is to see the certificate of liability insurance from the entertainer. This must contain the name of the entertainer on it.
• In case by now you have not had a contract with the entertainer, you need to do it at the door before the entertainer gets in.